Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT8000 firmware update failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrCairo

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
AR
Hi, have dlt8000 board (Compaq) and in a firmware update prosses my OS crash and interrupt upgrade firmware prosses..., :-( my dlt8000 board not function any more....
Any idea for reset or erase EEPROM in board???, in this moment the board is not detected in SCSI bus...

I'm think what this board is "kaput"

Any idea or help is good for my!!!

Sory for my bard english, i'm from Buenos Aires - Argentina

Regards

Felix

First, remove the battery for a few minutes or or reset the bios with the jumpers on the motherboard, to set the bios to it's default, go into the bios and check the scsi settings. Some times motherboards have a dual bios in case of problems like this , refer to the manual. Verify you have the correct bios download with the manufacturer.

If you flashed the incorrect/corrupt firmware and the motherboard does not have a way of erasing it, the bios chip or motherboard will need replacement. If the Bios chip is soldered to the mobo, your out of luck. Sounds like the machine is posting which means you should be able to re-flash the bios if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back