Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT8000 downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YT1300

Vendor
Dec 10, 2004
SE
Hi,

I'm trying to downgrade a DLT8000 from v87 to v80.
I've tried with SCSI toolbox and by creating a FUP-tape.
But none of these works. I've tried with several versions of SCSI toolbox,replaced SCSI equipment, replaced laptop and to downgrade to v52. I've tried to do it on the second drive in the L20, but I can still not get it to work. Is it possible that you cannot downgrade?? Read in document for DLT8000 that if the drive is up do date, it won't take effect. But I've read several cases where they done it. But it doesn't say how. Maybe there is a workaround?? Thanks in advance.

you can downgrade firmware using HP Library Tape Tools, but you need to insert a password to allow the downgrading of firmware.

Okej, but I'm using StorageTeks SCSI toolbox and that should work.

Seemed to have been something with the SCSI toolbox equipment. We tried another kit and it worked fine.
Thanx anyway

Hi', try with HP L&TT v 3.5 SR2, change date in your computer to 10/5/2004 and use this pass in the Option/Enable Factory Overrides

3C6EBY93FAYEFB

After this step the L&TT it allows downgrade the firmware of any HP/Compaq tape model...

Try, very Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back