Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT7000 Autoloader problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokesembos

Technical User
May 23, 2005
GB
Hi there, I have been asked to fit a DLT7000 autoloader to a windows 2000 server box, but am having some issues getting it to work. The client got this second hand, and so had no cables or manuals/software with it.

Now I'm pretty sure I have got the right cable, its a 68 pin to 68 pin cable (big connector one end, small the other) but I can't get the scsi card to recognise the drive. I've used a separate lsi scsi card, rather than use the one thats running the array, the model number is U40SE

Now the drive also is displaying Drive Post E with the alarm light on, yet if I press any other button, the alarm light goes off and the drive appears fine.

The Drive is also terminated with a diff terminator in the top connection on the the back of the tape drive.

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks, Arron.

Looks like your card is single ended, is the drive SE or Diff?
Are you using the correct terminator?

What personality is the DLT 7000? Whose firmware loaded on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back