Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT4500 - getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetabler

Technical User
Nov 15, 2003
US
I have just purchased a used Quantum DLT4500. I have no reason to think I purchased a defective unit, but I can't seem to get the unit working. This is a Windows 2000 Professional system. I was planning to use the backup prograam that comes with Windows for my initial backup program...I've used it with other media types in the past. I can't get the tape to "initialize", and I constantly get messages that I don't have a tape loaded. I have installed an ran DLTSage, and it performs a number of fast tests successfully, but then seems to hang on a longer test, when the log reachs "Bug Check 8008 test. The log gets as far as "Write 1900 blocks..." The block count gets as far as 59 blocks when it stops. Since the other tests it performed were successful and went to 100 blocks, I'm a little puzzled that it stopped at 59. Perhaps I don't have something setup correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back