Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT 7000 & Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallender

Technical User
Jun 16, 2005
US
Hi,

I author DVDs using DVD Studio Pro and I have a Duel Layer project coming up that requires me to buy a DLT tape drive, I contacted the Rep Plant I am going to use and the tape format they require is SDLT or DLT IVs, so Ive just purchased an ATTO ExpressPCI UL4S SCSI card for my G5 and am interested in getting a DLT 7000 machine (the reason for this is because this is my first duel layer project and i dont want to spent too much money just yet), ATTO says that the card is compatible with the 7000 but upon surfing i have noticed that on every site that has the 7000 say firmwear drivers need to be installed on the computer ( PC ).

Does anyone know If this DLT machine can be just connected to my card or If not does the relevant OSX mac drivers come on a CD or can I download them from somewhere?

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hi
I'm wondering if you got any further with this as I'm now trying to author onto dlt via an imac and am searching ebay etc slowly gaining info on connectivity to the quantum 4000/7000... any help would be gratefully recieved

cheers
jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back