Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLT 7000 code V106 & V107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris969404

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have three different customers who are using L700 & 9710 libraries all with DLT7000 all running UNIX and Veritas NB.
These sites are having i/o errors. All drives have been replaced at least twice and the removed drive run error free.
Haqs anyone heard of problems with V106 or V107 DLT700 code.

V106 & 107 have been out for ages and I don't know of any issues. If I remember correctly, these later codes tightened up the tolerance on some servo settings, and if some of the customers media was initialised years ago on lower firmware then problems may start to come aparant as the media gets older.

Have you gone through a process where the customer logs the volsers involved in the i/o errors to see what the errors are (read or write) and if a certain selection media is causing the problems? It may be time for the customer(s) to start purging troublesome media.

Also, what about the media cleaning schedule? Is it getting done? If so, you could change the schedule to be more frequent.

regards,
STKman.

Thank you for your input. This has only occurred when a drive has been replaced due to a problem. Veritas downs the drive. Customer has corrected the serial number of the new drive. I make sufre the drive is deleted and the new one added, this ensures the correct s/n is being logged. From the limited info I have received from the customers it is UNIX which flags the I/O error. This only occurs on the replaced drive. That is the strange thhing about it. I do know that on one particular site the mediia is less than two years old and the majority only about 12 months.

Hey Chris, the latest level I believe is v109. I do know of a situation with a Sun system that we had to limit the version to v95 to limit problems. Do you have v95 to down grade? Could try this on a drive and see if it helps the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back