Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dlpar , there is currently no RMC connection AIX 5.3 ML3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkraker

Technical User
Jun 26, 2001
GB
Hello

I have installed aix 5.3 with ML3 on a LPAR and now dlpar is not working anymore. Anyone else experienced the same.

thanks,

Michel.

Hi,

have you changed the IP-Adress? I installed 5.3 ML2 and after changing the IP-Adress on the HMC to the new one all works fine.

Michael

i've installed ML3 recently and there is no problems do you have some error messages or informations on the hmc ?

I get that message if the partition(s) do not have a network connection to the public network
I can re-create it by 'downing' the public interface and attempting a DLPAR operation.
Is your LPAR connected to your public LAN?

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always be where you've always been."

nope.... but I haven't gone to ml3 yet. Did you reboot the HMC?

Are the RMC daemons "checking in"? Meaning, if you right clicked on "shutdown partition" from the HMC do you get the option to shutdown from the HMC? Ofcourse you don't want to shut it down, but that would be a good way to know if the daemons are communication with the HMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back