Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLO Unable to contact media server(servername)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddata

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
US
Need help installing dlo agent outside of the domain, it seems to work on the same network but from a different network(via the internet)no success. "Unable to contact media server(servername); Failed to initialize database,"is the error message. I am using a Windows 2003 domain controller. I have spoken with my ISP and they said they didnt have anthing special blocked. I though it was a timeout issue while authenticating so I increase a LDAP parameter with no success. I am not positive that it is DNS or 2003 DC hardened security problem.

Are you using VPN or WAN? Or out thru internet?

DLO agent need to contact the SQL database that DLO is running on. You would need all WIndows Networking ports open. Generally most firewalls will block these.

TXS, thru the internet, I asked my ISP they said their firewall was pretty wide open. It just occurred to me that they likely have 1433 blocked due to the slammer worm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back