Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLO 12.5 "Network Pending" status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillp

Technical User
Jun 7, 2001
US
I was surprised to find that Symantec doesn't support it's software, even new purchases.

I have a DLO Agent running on my desktop. The backup starts @ 9:00 p.m. Sometimes the agent will appear to hang up on the desktop, with a status of "Network Pending". The server shows that the backup is complete.

When this happens to my CEO, he swears that the process is using system resources. Does anyone have an idea what's going on?

I appreciate any help.

TIA, Jill

We also use the DLO agent on our desktops. I believe that changed files are backed up and cached to the PC's local hard drive before being transferred across the network to the DLO server. "Network Pending" would imply that the files to be backed up haven't been transferred across the network yet. If it stays in this state for a prolonged period of time, it might be worth checking connectivity between the server and client.

Hope this helps!!

Anony Moose

Thanks for your reply. I'll dig into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back