Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL's registration+MQSeries samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosta

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
PT
Hi,
I'm trying to run a C sample (amqsputc.exe), but the first time I tried to run it, it gived me some dll errors.

The dynamic link library mqic.dll could not be found in the specified path ....
and so on for the other dll's in the above list.

The list of DLL's:

mqic.dll
amqxc2.dll
amqrmqia.dll
amqmtmgc.dll
amqcmema.dll
amqzsaic.dll

So I've found those dll's and I've tried to register them but it also give it me some warnings.

The DLL's errors (examples):

LoadLibrary("amqrmqia.dll") failed- The specified module could not be found.
amqcmema.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version amqcmema.dll may be in memory. Consider PView to detect it and remove it.
amqzsaic.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version amqzsaic.dll may be in memory. Consider PView to detect it and remove it.

Even with those errors that occurred in the dll's registration I´ve tried to run the sample again but it gives me the following error:

MQM could not display the text for error 536895891

MQCONN ended with reason code 2195

Can someone help me?
What should I do for those dll's errors dissapear ???

Thanks,

SCosta

The first DLL's from the list is mqic32.dll and not mqic.dll

If you had properly installed MQ, all the dlls should have been registered for you by default. You do not need to manually do this.

So the options are..
1) If you are compiling your own app, change the path to include the directory where the dlls are stored.
2) RE-install Mq.

Cheers
KK

I´ve got a computer which is the MQS Server and where I found the DLL's and the samples.
But what I want is to run the Visual Basic samples, and I also tried the amqsputc.exe in my computer, which is not the MQS Server.
So I tried to register the DLL's manually in my computer and I've got those errors.
I've have problems registering the DLL's in my computer !!!
What should I do ??

If i understand you right you DO NOT have either MQ server or client installed on your machine and you just copied the dlls from another machine that has the Server installed. If this is so, it will NOT work. You either need to have a complete MQSeries server installation or a client install. If you do not wish to buy another server or a client you can download a trial version of either of them from IBM's web site.

But yes, if you have an installation of either of them, then you should be able to run the samples without any issues.

Cheers
KK

As all the dlls you have mentioned are part of mqseries, it should come with your installation. Ideally you need not do anything manually. It is not a problem of your COMPUTER, rather it may possible that the dlls are searching for other components, which are not available. That's why you are getting problem while registering.
So the best option i should say, is re-install.

mqonnet,
Thanks a lot, You were rigth !!!!
I had to made the full client MQSeries installation, now it works !!!!
Thanks again.

Scosta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back