Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodumuri

Programmer
Aug 19, 2002
US
Hello Group,

Here I am getting very strange problem, I know what is the problem but I am unable to find the soultion.These problem started when I have installed AVENTAIL, (for people who dose not know what is Aventail: It is a SSL software which used to communiacte from extranet to intranet)Aventail dll by name ASRES.DLL is overwriting all the svchost.exe's and it starts behaving very strange like my control pannel will not appear properly and I will not able access some sites for jvm requires ex Hotmail.
So when I have traced out what is the problem, then I found all my applications are referncing ASRES.DLL.I have got temprarly solution what I am doing is before shuting down my system i am renaming that dll, so that whenever I boot the next time all the applications are poinitng to their respective dlls and after that I will rename ASRES.DLL to original.
What I request is any other way we can fix these problem or atleast can I do something automatically while everytime I shutdown & startup my system.

you could create a batch file that will rename the dll, but I don't know how you could get it to automatically run when you shut down. It may work if you incoporated the file renaming code in to the autoexec.bat file which runs on start-up.

The only other option that i could think of is to write your file renaming batch file and get it to call a batch / exe file that shuts down the computer. (look for shutdown.exe in google). You'd just have to double-click the batch to shut down the computer.

Hope thats of any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back