Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL unknown Hard Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conutmonky

Technical User
Oct 25, 2004
AU
Alright i'm back. My computer still isn't working (it would start to load then boot up and say i didn't have a required DLL and then reboot), so i quick formated it and tried to reinstall windows XP. The cd part of it worked fine, then my computer rebooted and it went to a blue screen with this:

c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll

My question is why are my DLL's getting all messed up? I didn't even get a chance to install windows XP, all it had done was copy things from the cd onto my newly formated hard drive. PLEASE help. Thanks

Most install problems are caused by memory failures. The dll error is just where the install stopped, if it had stopped at a different place (due to hardware problems), it would list a different dll. Try re-seating/replacing the mem sticks and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back