Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dll question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardsylunar

Programmer
Feb 9, 2005
PH
hi everyone!

i just post this question coz maybe someone here knew Visual C++ but i also post it in Visual C++ forum...

i'm new to Visual C++ and i try to create my own dll and call it from my Visual Basic 6.0 program. i've created a function IsStringEqual that will check if the two strings are equal. here's my code...

In Visual C++

int _stdcall IsStringEqual(char string1, char string2, int discardCase)
{
if (discardCase == 1)
{
string1 = tolower(string1);
string2 = tolower(string2);
}
if (string1 == string2)
return 1;
else
return 0;
}

In Visual Basic

Private Declare Function IsStringEqual Lib "E:\ynad\personal\program\vc++\MyDll\Release\MyDll.dll" (ByVal String1 As Any, ByVal String2 As Any, ByVal discardCase As Integer)

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim i
i = IsStringEqual(Text1.Text, Text2.Text, 0)
Debug.Print i
End Sub

-------------------------------------

everytime i run my visual basic project and click the command button there's always an error message 'Bad DLL calling convention'. i try to remove the _stdcall there's always the same error that i've encountered.

pls help...

thanks in advance

ynad
----
It is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you.

ynad,

I prototype functions in C++ as
extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) long __stdcall
and in VB declare them as
Declare Function fnLogErrorMsg Lib "Unified" Alias "_fnLogErrorMsg@12" ( _
ByVal pszLogFileName As String, _
ByVal pszErrorMsg As String, _
ByVal errNo As Long _
) As Long

>> extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) long __stdcall

i've included this line into my c++ program but it cause errors when i tried to build it.

maybe i just put it in the wrong place. i've tried putting in the .cpp source file and .h header file but i got errors too.

thnks for the reply

ynad
----

Assuming that you prototype your C++ functions, you must put the complete declaration in both the prototype and the function header. And it would be helpful if you explained EXACTLY what error you received.

i got it now. it's working. the problem is in my VB Code. thanks for your reply.

btw, i got another problem. i try to register my dll but there's an error.

C:\MyDll.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of C:\MyDll.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

any idea on this?

thanks again...

ynad
----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back