Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL files missing for games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mviltan

Technical User
Mar 27, 2001
GB
I'm running Windows 98 SE. I've got tony hawk 3 on my pc. After i installed it i tried to run it it said that dinput8.dll was missing. so i downloaded off dllfiles.com then d3d8.dll + ddraw.dll was missing so i downloaded that also. Now i get a message saying 'the d3d8.dll file is linked to missing export ddraw.dll:DdEntry18'

One thing i noticed was after i downloaded dinput8.dll i could go to configure my sidewinder controller as i couldn't before could this have anything to do with it? I'm downloading the latest drivers now.

I've also check tony hawks website and can't find any patches for it!

Sometimes, just plugging the missing *.dll is a bit tricky. You don't know the version number it needed, and worst, the one you installed is older. I have one time restored an old version file and my PC went pfftt... Perhaps read thoroughly the ReadMe file. An uninstall/reinstall may correct the problem. Have you run the System File Checker?

I found out yesterday that i didn't have the latest direct x after i installed that it worked!

I would download directx 8 this is the version you need after you download it and install it everything should be fine. Also check your Tony Hawk Cd they usually have directx on the cd. DavidDude00@Daw Corp, 1999-2002
%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back