Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLL Dependency Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denk

Programmer
Jan 4, 2000
GB
I am writing a VB5 program which uses shdocvw.dll, mscomctl.dll and comdlg32.dll. When I use Application Setup Wizard the program reports that Dependency information is missing for these files.<br>
<br>
Can anyone help?

Look in the setup program there should be an option to create a dependency file.

I have selected the option to create a Dependency firle, but the problem still occurs.

install de VB5 Fixer ,to find this on the MS site ,search VB5Fixer<br>
<br>
Eric De Decker

1 Q181854 - FILE: Vbc.exe Fixes VB 5.0 Control Installation Problem <br>
Excerpt from this page:Vbc.exe installs the Vbcmpfix.exe utility, that fixes problems with the following three symptoms:(size 12029 bytes, updated 1/5/00 10:34:00 PM GMT) <br>
<br>
Eric<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

I downloaded the program and ran it. The Application Setup Wizard still reports the same problem.

Shdocvw.dll is a core component of Internet Explorer (IE). Under current redistribution policy you are not allowed to redistribute IE in your application. Therefore, Shdocvw.dll is not included in your setup package. <br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back