Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLink wifi-router/switch admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSic

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
BE
I have a D-Link 624+ wifi switch router installed, and installed mac-address accesscontrol (only two are allowed).
I have two more pc's to add but lost the admin password to enter the configmode over http.
anyone knowing how to reset or rescue that password.
a reset to default factory settings didn't help...
pse advice.

well i've look it up about everywhere... the model is a DI-624+ which is only available in Europe, and you get redirection to the UK or even BE site(since I live in Belgium).
the only thing you find in support is a phone number or the manuals and tech-sheet for download. but no technical support solution for my prob. I've tried to contact "support@dlink.be" but it doesn't exist.
the device is still working but i have to get in to grant more mac-addresses access to it.

Hey, good news, i finaaly found my way through the support pages of DLink.
I tried the DI624 (without the plussign) an di found everything there is to know...

thanks for helping anyway...

On the Back of the Router you have a small hole like you have on a CD-Rom. By Pressing this will revert the router back to default settings. like when you first brought it

gringo56,

The only hole I can find on my CD Roms is a huge big hole?

thanks to all of U, I've found the small hole and a plain short press on the button didnt work quite well.
Throughout the pages I found out that you should hold it pressed for a few secs... anyway, all is well now and the password is written down and kept in a safe place...
cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back