Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLink DWL-200AP+ vs Avaya switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmartin

MIS
Aug 31, 1999
PE
Hi everybody.
We are installing a typicall wireless network, making a bridge between two DWL-200AP+. One segment of LAN are working fine. By this side, the computer A reaches access point A and ping access point B on building B and can make setting up of both access point. The problem starts in building B. Here all switches are Avaya, some with fiber modules and other without it.The problem is that no matter what computer makes a ping the access point of this side doesn't reply. I installed a new one DWL-2000AP+ with the same result.The horizontal LAN cable are ok and certified.
I noticed that LAN led in DWL-2000AP+ becomes blinking inmediatly conect to LAN even without trafic.This occur with any DLink AP i install. I tryed connect to a simple CNet Hub and this phenomen doesn't sees. My client has an DWL-2100AP which works fine as access point...!! and every computer can make a ping to this model. I guess there must be an issue betweent AP model I am installing and Avaya swiches...the model is P334T, maybe a hardware incompatibily or another problem. Any suggest are welcome.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back