Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLink 804 ADSL VPN to SonicWall Pro 100 - It works but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfk4t

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
GB
Folks

Having spent just over a week on trying to get these to beasts to work FAST. I have given up.

I got them to create a VPN tunnel without must trouble. The proble, is the speed.

Our small regional office has the DLink DI-804HV attached to a DLINK DSL-300G+ modem, the office has 5 clients (Win 2000) and 1 Server ( Win 2000 Server).

At the Head Office we have a Sonicwall Pro 100 connect to a Leaseline. Its used for our Dial Up clients and larger Regional offices that connect with Sonicwall SOHO3s.

When the Tunnel is up. At the regional office, three clients and the server work ok, at opening Outlook (The exchange server is located at Headoffice), But they cannot open any Citrix applications, as it bombs out when the Citrix server (based at Head Office also) trys to confirm their Usernames\passwords to the regional office server (its active directory - Forest, child domains in the regions. Mother at the HeadOffice) Yet, it works for the Exchange server? The other clients at this office cannot not make any connections to HeadOffice at all.

At the HO end, we cannot browse the regional network. It bombs out when try to open an object (computer).

Have spoken to Dlink, they have given to firmware upgrades, but to no avail.

If anyone has any bright ideas, I'll be glad to listen.

Cheers

Someone some where must have done a similar thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back