Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLink 1228p smart switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnickgm

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
JM
I know this isnt a Cisco switch, wasnt sure where to place this thread...

I have a DLink DES 1228 smart switch that went down.
Replaced it with another 1228, however it isnt working. Im getting the same error msg I was getting with the one that malfunctioned. Bad router is displayed on my IP 4610SWs that are connected to its ports, plus I had another DLink (a 1526) piggy backing off of it.
Data is transfered over the DLinks however the phones arent finding the router on the voice vlan.

When I place it on the same subnet as my call server, cajun switch and DLink DES 1526 it gives me the same error msg, Bad Router...

Is the unit defective? When I change the IP address of the unit, I cannot access the configuration page with the new IP address. I get an error on page - \WSS2.htm

Any insight, as to the cause, solution maybe.

Please omit...

I posted this just incase I didnt get this fixed by the morning shift.

Toggled through it, had to adjust the config in the switch as it relates to VLAN ID, Tagging and Trunking.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back