Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLC Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tated

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
US
I have a DLC doard i need to remove fron a SCO Openserver Release 5 Box. When i pull the board out of the slot and reboot i get the following error " 'Allocb failure in ReInitMemory'." It works fine when i put the board back in and reboot, however i need to use the DLC board somplace else.

Please Help

I am not sure what a "DLC board" is.

However is sounds like your hardware is still linked into the kernal. You will need to recompile the kernal without the "DLC Board"

-Danny

how would that be done? When i boot with out the card i can't get past the error, comand is used to re-link the Kernal ( a DLC board is like a network board only for cash registers )

Try custom. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Can you reseat the board, then reboot your machine.

At that point, edit and relink your kernal. When the machine powers down to reboot remove the board before powering backup

As edfair indicated try custom. When you run custom does it reflect any vendor related software?

-Danny

I have already tried custom and the software is not listed. I can reseat the board and power the machine back up however where would i go to edit and relink the Kernal?

Try scoadmin. This might be where the drivers were loaded but probably not. Next look in /etc/rc2.d for the software loaded on startup. Use find and look for the file userdef. There are a series of directories and files in this area that load things. You can cripple unwanted here if you are careful. But you would be better served by going back to the manual. And do you have any documentation that goes with the DLC board. Or do you have a manufacturer name where you could look on the web. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back