Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380G6 * FAN works constantly with no reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2011
GR
The fan works all the time since last reboot. Actually, there is no reason for this, the room is well ventilated, the temperature is always around 16'C and everything is monitored via sensors and a special remote interface. All other machines of that same model work fine. Has anyone experienced this before? Thank you all..

Did you install the support pack for the server?

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Also, have you applied any firmware updates lately? Had this issue happen on some 100 series when the system board firmware was updated, but the ILO was not. The fans would spin at full speed until that was rectified.

Hmm. I thought the server fan ran no matter what. The fans will only shut down when the server is so cold, the outside air is keeping the cabinet so cold, it's almost in the lower level of it working capacity.

So, the fans should be moving some air I thought. The fans are variable. The speed up and slow down according to need.

I also agree with updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back