Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380 Server Failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetNewbie

Programmer
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a CITRIX farm which consists of 4 DL380 servers, all have mirrored disks with an assigned spare.

I came in this morning to find SVR4 off. On attempting to turn it back on it doesnt boot, it tries booting from floppy, CD and PXE.

Using the utilities it states the array is fine, the boot test states everything is fine. I'm at a loss to know what to do next, I would rather not have to rebuild it, especially since it just seems like the server has forgotten how to boot!

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

.Net

Hi

Sounds like the OS has been trashed, best way is to boot to a Win 2K or 2003 CD and get load the recovery console. From there you can check if your partition's still exist on the drives. You may find just the boot partition is gone, but the rest is in tact. Anyway take one step at a time and you may be able to recover it. Much better than rebuilding the Citrix Server again.
Post a question in one of the OS forums if you have more questions as I do not feel the DL380 is the cause of your problem unless you have have an intermitent prob.

Regards

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back