Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL380 G4 No Video, trying to clear NVRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

miker2069

Programmer
Dec 15, 2007
US
Hello Everyone. I'm another DL380 with no video output. I'm very new to hp servers, as I've only previously dealt with DELL poweredge servers in the past. I plugged everything in and am getting no video. The internal health light was orange so I looked inside and saw that both cpu leds were yellow, all other leds were green. I read something about clearing nvram ram so I set the s6 switch to on, powered up and left it like that over night. I then turned it off, set the s6 back to off and now I have a ILO diagnostics light lit (I guess telling me to check teh ILO diag leds) and a PPM1 failure light lit.

Is there something else I need to do to get it back into a default state where I can configure this machine? I'm not worried about data or anything, just would like to see something on the video.

THank You for any help

Mike

What Generation of DL380 is it?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

hi lad its a g4...I really think its a config issue as everything looks seated properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back