Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL360 Need to remove cover 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmerWFudd

Technical User
Jul 7, 2007
US
I got a DL360 G0, dual 800 mhz., delivered today. I hooked it up and powered it on. No display. I checked he eBay item descrription and it was shipped with no RAM or drives. OK, I have those. But I cannot get the cover to come off. The sticker seems to indicate press then release the recessed buttons. That didn't do any thing.

I will check and post back when I get to the office...is this a G1, or a G2? From the 800MHz procs, I would guess G1...those are tricky. If it has the two blue "tabs", then I hit them both in the direction they come off (toward the rear), with a sudden punch with the heels of my hands. Or, I do what the cover says to do to sort of at least unlatch it, then take a flathead screwdriver and pry it off, at the front, and sometimes work one latch at the same time, then the other latch. Those stupid things were the most horrible design...
If it has the key-looking latch in the center, I will have to look at one in the office this morning...

Burt

It is an early G1, thus I descrbed it as G0. It has two recessed silver buttons, one on each side about 2/3rds toward the rear, with raised bumps and a sticker with an arrow pointing down then up.

You push the silver tabs straight down about 1/4 inch with your index fingers, then at the same time with the heels of both hands, try to push down and toward the back at the same time. You may have to pry with a screwdriver (on the silver tabs, pushing down and toward the back at the same time, one tab at a time).

Burt

Thanks, that worked. One little pry in the right direction and it was off. RAM installed, powered on to banner, RAM check 2, cpu's. Then it shut down due to power supply one fan failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back