Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL360 Linux Wavy right side of screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmerWFudd

Technical User
Jul 7, 2007
US
I succcessfully installed Linux on a DL360 (gen 1, pre-gen 2). Everything worked well and smoothly except that I have wavy lines distortion on the right side of the screen. I had the same issue 7-8 months ago on a DL380, and this post ended the discussion:
"Wavy right side of screen
magnatec (TechnicalUser) 5 Oct 07 15:29
I had the same problem. I would check resolution. bumping the resolution down fixed it."

So my question is exactly how do I adjust the resolution on the monitor? None of the monitors menu settings change the resolution. It is a Dell flat panel.

It isn't the monitor that needs the resolution changing, it is the display settings in the OS that needs changing.

TFT monitors have a 'native' display resolution/refresh rate. For a 15" monitor, the is is likely to be 1024 x 768 at 60Hz, a 17" monitor - 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz.

I've no idea how you do this in Linux but in Windows you right-click on the Desktop ands select Properties to get to the Display settings.

Regards: tf1

It works pretty much the same in Debian Linux: Left Click on Desktop, select Preferences, select Screen Resolution. Of course I had to interpret garbled text and guestimate icons until I found the right one. Adjusting down one notch fixed the display. So I could connect and respond from the Linux web browser. Thanks.[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back