Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL360 G3 raid controller driver manual build for NT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345c

Instructor
Aug 3, 2007
GB
Hello All,

I am trying to build the above when i put my driver in it sees the controller but there after it says no disk found.I have used driver of the SmartStart CD and downloaded other ones.Can some let me know if they have a driver for NT4 which will pick up the 5i controller as any driver i have tried do not work.This is a manual install DRS.

Thanks

What version of SmartStart are you using?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

hi,
excuse me for the basic question:

have you, before start OS setup, built a logical drive,
using smartstart or bios mini setup program ?

bye
vic

Hello All,

I found out that you have to press f6 then specify to install the driver the SmartStart version was 6.30 so i used the controller driver form 6.30.So you need to hit F6 when you see
the SETUP is launching if you try to install after this you do
get a option this is when it fails with no hard disk found.
Thank you all who replied.

hi,
probably I have not well explained what I was thinking.

Generally speaking, when you have a RAID controller,
and you have 1 or 2 or 3 physical disks (70GB),
if you don't configure the array card (without WIN, before win/linux setup), the card may do one of the following:

- present to the OS setup 3 70 GB disks, and you choose
one to create partition, then install OS

- no disks will present to OS.

In this second case, also if you have just 1 ph disk, nothing will be presented to OS. You have to cfg RAID
using or a bootable CD program (SmartStart, or other but specific for that array) or BIOS utility (without CD)
pressing Ctrl-? or Fxx as BIOS show you during POST.

By this prog, you choose (example)
with 3 disk to do a RAID5, with 2 disks a RAOD0 or RAID1,
and with 1 disk a RAID0.

What I wanted know is if you have done this step.

P.S.: You can use SmartStart, just to do this, then exit and boot by Win Setup, pressing F6, floppy ....

ciao
vittorio

Hi,

All the HP DL Servers have hardware raid so you just configure the raid on P.O.S.T depending on how many disks you have in my case 2 disks which creates the logical drive 1.Then at this point put in the NT CD as it is a manual install and as explained on previous post this is how i got it to see the logical drive when trying to install NT4 without SmartStart.Yes i am aware how to use SmartStart.I would suggest you read the post clearly so you
understand.

I am truly sorry mortified to have bumped your susceptibility.

I had not read anything about the creation of logical drives in the previous posts.

I am sorry you have lost your time to read my posts to answer me.

I do not think this is the tone to use in a forum based on the free cooperation.

I tried to get my head around what you have posted on my first
post i clearly state i can see the controller so it is configured and can been seen.I required the driver for NT4 as
it does not come with it that is what i was asking.My posting
has not rude postings but if you have read my first post clearly you can see the controller is there.

ok peace,

chatting may happens that sentences may be misunderstood.

when I answer in a post, usually I jump the 1st level support,
becouse I believe that you have already followed the straight way.

For this motivation I jumped about driver, and looked for the
"no logical volume created by array manager".

Then, supposed you have created LV, prepared floppy, booted from CD and press F6,
I try to sumbit 2 questions:

1)do you correctely see "Compaq Smart Array 5x Controller" or similar
on the screen ?

2) Have you visited the site:

note: this is not for dd,
but there are also some issues about firmware of 5i, as

ciao
vittorio

All sorted know so accept your peace offer.Thanks for your post for driver for NT4.The key is pressing F6 when setup launches then you specify install the driver then NT4 pick on the disk.If you o not do this when setup launches it will fail
to see the disk after you created the logical drive there is a
second step which allows you to specify to install driver later on in the install of NT4 so if you do this then this is
when you get no disk found as in my case.
Have a nice weekend thanks for your post

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back