Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL320 G5p NIC Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkwtfid

MIS
Nov 24, 2008
US
We have an HP DL320 g5p that lost it's network connectivity. Link lights on the back of the server light up but on the front they do not. Device manager does not show the NIC's and all under network we get nothing. Any ideas?

My first thought was "Has anyone been playing with the switch port configurations?"

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

No, just ran the HP Diagnostic Utility and all tests passed. However, I noticed that there was no test that ran for the NIC's. Could it be that the NIC's are bad?

It's possible. We don't have any DL320 servers, but my assumption would be that you have 2 NICs and they are integrated onto the system board. So, it's possible that the system board took a hit and fried both the network interface ports.

Did you experience anything new that may have contributed to this problem? Power spike, server down (off), etc.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Can you confirm those switch ports are working? Have you tried to plug in another device an verify the network is performing as expected?

Also check the network cables, too.

HP had me run some diagnostic's on it and it was determined that both NIC's are toast. They are sending me a replacement board. Thanks for the suggestions.

Glad to hear you found the problem. Hopefully, it won't take very long to get the new system board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back