Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DL-370 G1 (p17) internal IDE hard disk size limit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello67

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2008
FR
I have installed a 250 Go IDE Hard disk in a DL-370. The disk is formated with NTFS and contains data. It was formally installed on a desktop before being moved into the server.
When accessing to some of the folders the following error message is displayed : "The file or directory is corrupted and uneadable."
I have placed the disk into an external USB HD device and the data is now readable...
Do you know if there are some known issues with large capacity IDE hard disk for the DL-370 (P17) servers ?

PS : The server bios is the very last version available.

I cannot say for the ML370 specifically but IDE is not usually supported on Proliants for anything other than the CD drive. I assume this is a G1?

However, try the HP Forum link below which may contain some useful links:

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Yes this is a ML370 G1.
I had a look in meantime in all possible options for such server : never any IDE disk extention is mentioned anywhere. The only internal disk described are always scsi. Then I guess it is simply not possible.
Thanks for the hint !

I was gonna say...
what did you plug the IDE drive into?

Burt

I had connected the HD to the IDE already used for the CD-Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back