Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Divisional Accounts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris10

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2012
KE
My company has a requirement of splitting its trial balance and all its operations into two divisions. So this includes splitting full trial balance into segments. E.g:

10000 ---> Rollup Account
10000-A ---> Division A
10000-B ---> Division B

I have successfuly performed this operation and transfered the balances from old (non-split trial balances). So the three new trial balances are now balancing and the rest of GL reports are balancing and accurate. E.g. Balance sheet and Profit and Loss account.

What i am currently having a problem is integrating other modules like: AP,AR,IC,PO,CB and OE. So the way i ve done it now is created control accounts that are used for inter-divisional transactions. For example: paying vendors inter-divisionally, from a division A bank to a division B Vendor.

So i use this control accounts so that the three trial balances balance. However, the problem i am having now is that there is alot of manuak intervension to correct the entries that are passed from other modules into GL. E.g

Consider payment from CB division A bank to AP division B vendor:

the GL entries will go as following:

CR Bank-A 1000
DR Clearing-A 1000

And the AP entry will be

CR Clearing-A 1000
DR Vendor-B 1000

So as you can see if i post these entries as is the trial balance for division A and division B will not balance. Thus i must change the clearing account from -A to -B in the second entry passed from AP.

So these are the manual entries that are currently being passed so that the -A,-B TBs balance. And this approach is error prone and makes it difficult to reconcile if correction entries are not passed.

I hope i have explained my senario clearly. Would anyone have any suggesstions as to how this can be resolved or is there any add-ons from Sage that can help customize this set-up.

I am using Sage 300 6.0A

Thank you for your help

Thank you Ettienne. It does look like it can solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back