Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Division Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arob

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
I have a bound form for which I am trying to conduct caluculations that will be stored in the table. I want the calculations to be two decimal places. All the form fields sizes are set to double. All calculations work but the final overall total. This calculation always rounds the number up or down.

Here is the calculation.
[overalltotal] = (reporttotal + recommendtotal) \ 2

The calculation is placed as an after update event procedure under any of the fields which would effect the calculation.

Any clue as to why the number wants to round off instead of giving the exact number out to two decimal places?

Thanks

Not sure why you are having this problem, but you really don't want to store calculated values in a table. If you manually go back and change one of the values in the table (not through the form) the calculated value won't change. It is recommened that calculated values get calculated every time. Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back