Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dividing rendering over different PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3XuS

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
BE
Is there any function in 3D studio to hook up different PCs with 3DS up and when giving the render command saying that PC B has to calculate the rendering while working on A.

Yes, you can install MAX server on PC B, then start the configuration utility, configure it, and when modeling on PC A, set it yo render with the MAX server on PC B.

I have done this with MAX 3, not sure what are the options with the latest version, but I'm sure it would still be available.

If you haven't heard of it, then you most likely don't need it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. In 5.x you use the backburner program. Your machine is the only one that needs to be licensed then install the compact version of 3dsmax on all your other machines that you want in the farm. you can assign different jobs to the other machines and have them render for you, but 2 machines can't help render on frame, only one machine and render one frame, however in 6.0 that is coming out soon you will beable to have mult. machine help render out one frame, with the into. of Mental Ray integrated in 3dsmax.

Press F1 and search for Network Rendering. The help file has a step by step guide to help you set this up.

Cool so I can :) I'm using 4DS R4 though...
Still looking into how exactly, the backburner programme is for max 5.1 only.

Thanks guyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back