Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIVIDE AND MULTIPLY 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwen52

Technical User
Aug 5, 2000
US
I still cannot get this to work:<br>=[ADMISSION REVENUES](/1.0825)*0.0825&nbsp;&nbsp;--this is going to a field named &quot;Amusement Tax&quot;.<br>What am I doing wrong?<br>Thanks again,<br>Gwen

what result are you getting?<br><br>I assume you have the &quot;/&quot; after the &quot;]&quot; and not inside the &quot;(&quot;<br>

I'm not sure which way you want it but if you want the result of ADMISSION REVENUES divided by 1.0825 to be&nbsp;&nbsp;multiplied by 0.0825, then it needs to be:<br><br>=([ADMISSION REVENUES]/1.0825)*0.0825<br><br>If you want ADMISSION REVENUES to be divided by the result of 1.0825)*0.0825, then it needs to be:<br><br>=[ADMISSION REVENUES]/(1.0825)*0.0825)<br><br>HTH<br>RDH<br> <p>Ricky Hicks<br><a href=mailto: rdhicks@mindspring.com> rdhicks@mindspring.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I made a mistake in the last post. In the second calculation it should have been:<br><br>If you want ADMISSION REVENUES to be divided by the result of 1.0825)*0.0825, then it needs to be:<br><br>=[ADMISSION REVENUES]/(1.0825*0.0825)<br><br>Sorry,<br>RDH<br><br> <p>Ricky Hicks<br><a href=mailto: rdhicks@mindspring.com> rdhicks@mindspring.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Always careful with the () and mutiply and divide cases.<br>It is basic math idea.<br>The action in the () will do first. <p>Dr. Sql<br><a href=mailto:vpathisseril@yahoo.com>vpathisseril@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back