Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diverting

Status
Not open for further replies.

i100

Technical User
Oct 25, 2007
GB
Hi All

I need to diverted a ALL calls from one phone (A) to a Group of phones at same time i.e. when the Phone (a) is on diver it should ringing all the phone in that group.

I have tried using the hunt group to do this but I do not know if I am using the right form or not? When I put the Phone (A) on divert all to this hunt group it only rings only one phone which is on that group and after few rings it goes to VM. Can anyone help?!!!

We have 3300 7.1 (I know we are not up to date)

i100

You can create a key appearence on all the phones in the group then divert the calls to that or upgrade to version 8 & set up a ring group (i think ring groups appeared in version 8 but not 100%)

UKMitel is correct that ring groups are not supported at your software revision.

The multilinbe key would be your best method.

From the release notes for 8.0

Ring Groups

Ring groups are often used in small businesses to provide an ultimate answer point for callers, rather than directing incoming calls to specific individuals and then using call forwarding or call re-routing. In Release 8.0, Mitel introduces ring groups which can operate in one of two modes:

Simultaneous Ring – where all extensions designated in a group ring at once.
Cascade Ring – where the call is presented to the first member of the group, and if they fail to answer the call, it then cascades through the other members in the group.

Within our implementation, calls can be queued at the ring group and will be answered on a longest ringing-waiting algorithm. Where calls are queuing for an excessive period (based on a programmable timer) or where the ring group is unavailable, an overflow point can be programmed to ensure calls are serviced as efficiently as possible. For some small businesses ring groups may provide a simpler alternative to ACD.

For flexibility, devices can exist in multiple ring groups. In this case, if calls are queuing at both groups a device is a member of, then the longest waiting call will be presented to the device when it becomes free (so unlike ACD, there is no concept of higher priority groups / queues). Note also that ring groups are different to ACD groups in that users are not required to log in and out of the group.

Members of a ring group can include display sets, non-display sets, single line phones, multiline set prime or non-prime numbers, night bells, and hot desk user IDs. Current exclusions include remote directory numbers (i.e., ring group members have to be programmed on the same 3300 ICP as the ring group), operator consoles, speed dials or ARS strings, and ring group pilot numbers (so ring groups cannot be nested).

Specifications include:
A device can be programmed in up to eight ring groups
A ring group can have up to 32 members
A maximum of 176 ring groups can be created

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back