Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diverting to mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Have a CS1000 7.6, Callpilot 5.1.4 and AACC6.4 and got a request to provide an on call number that forwards to mobile of the on duty person. They need to be able to dial in from external (They do not have an extension off the switch) and alter the Mobile number on shift change. Mobiles used vary so we cant get a pre determined list.

I have added a mailbox in the callpilot set to not accepting any messages and forward calls to the revert DN. Then they just dial into mailbox admin and alter the Attendant assist DN to the required mobile.

All works OK only downside is caller gets a couple of system generated messages "This mailbox is not accepting messages" and "please wait while you are transferred to an attendant".

Anyone think of a cleaner method in the CS1000, AACC or stop the messages in the Callpilot. The Users cannot access the AACC or the Callpilot server as they are in Safe Cells and you have to be on management servers to get to them. They also do not have MyCallpilot, Desktop Messaging, Application Builder etc. So really needs to be something the remote user can setup over the phone from external.

Any thoughts?

You can eliminate that first system message if you set the mailbox to:
Block Incoming Messages: Only if the temporary absence greeting is recorded
Then you get an option to turn off the system message. Call will hear the temporary absence greeting but at least you can make it more friendly.

Best solution that I can think of would be a phantom TN with Remote Call Forward capability. It might be more difficult for the staff to change the number but the caller would go directly to the mobile.

but for remote call forward do you need to be on an extension on the switch to alter the DCFW?

Just to give you something to chew on, I've set up a windows machine (VM) running outlook (corp email is exchange) and it monitors a mailbox with a rule that says "When a forwarding order for a DN comes in, create a script and kick of a secure CRT session to change the forwarding of the phantom DN."
That way any user with the correct instructions can send in an email and change the forwarding. I have several departments doing this for their on-call people - the person coming off on-call status sends in the message and the system sends an email to the new on-call with a CC to all department members.

To give you an idea of how it works:

they send an email like this:

To: phoneforward@xyz.com
Subject: FWDTEL;4545;NPANXXDNDN;joeblo@xyz.com

The email session has a rule that looks for incoming messages that have "FWDTEL;" in the subject line and then parses the DN, forwarding target, and email confirmation (the next victim) - it then creates a SecureCRT script by passing the the variables, and kicks off the SecureCRT session. Yes, you have some small security risk in that the script has to log on to the PBX so the username and password are stored in the script, but I'm the only one who has access to the windows box other than the domain admin.

It's been working well for 6 departments for 8 or so years, with small changes required as VBA, Outlook VBA, and SecureCRT scripting has changed; I also use a vBscript procedure to send emails thru an SMTP host rather than sending it all back thru outlook scripting.....I'm not a programmer by trade, so I use what I can make work.

I'm sure there are better ways to skin the cat, but this might spark an idea of some other method you can use. I also set up a system with an analog modem to receive forwarding changes via SMS to email (basically the same system as above) only using a modem to go off hook and dial a users station control password and change the fowarding via touchtone by creating strings for the modem to dial (transmit) - it was used to remote forward a users phone to their cell, their desk, or directly to the pilot number of voicemail. They would send in either "TO VM" ; "TO CELL" ; OR "TO DESK" - based on who sent the message, it was easy to look up the user in a table and perform the forwarding as requested.
I used all phantoms for their cell phone numbers so it was fairly secure and simple to use because of the static options.

That sounds pretty good but not something I can deploy as this is on a large multi national client, so Exchange servers are maintained by another company, Servers that can access the CS1K are in a specific management VLAN, also we use RSA tokens to login to the CS1K's.

I do like your solution though :)

Another solution that I came up with while looking at this if you know all the numbers that will be used was in the contact centre.

Caller dials a different number to the one to be forwarded that is a CDN controlled by AACC into a script which requests a password use a collect digits to put in a variable, check variable is the correct password or disconnect.

Then a request for user to enter a mobile number and collect digits into a variable say mobile_cv. Have a wild variable that is used by your call forwarding script say callout_wildvar

READVAR callout_wildvar
IF mobile_cv = "0712345678" THEN ASSIGN 1 TO callout_wildvar
ELSE IF mobile_cv = "0723456789" THEN ASSIGN 2 TO callout_wildvar
END IF
END iF
SAVEVAR

then in the callout script you would have

READVAR callout_wildvar
SAVEVAR

IF callout_wildvar = 1 THEN EXECUTE mobile1
ELSE IF callout_wildvar = 2 THEN EXECUTE mobile2
END IF
END IF
DISCONNECT (or what ever you want to do for no match)

SECTION mobile1
ROUTE CALL 90712345678

SECTION mobile2
ROUTE CALL 90723456789

Not all there but enough to give you the idea and it worked fine just a bit long winded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back