Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Div tag "onmouseout" in NS4 doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven2

Programmer
Feb 27, 2002
GB
can any one tell me why this code doesn't work in NS4??

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME=&quot;GENERATOR&quot; Content=&quot;Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0&quot;>
<SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersJS LANGUAGE=javascript>
<!--

function menu1_onmouseout()
{
document.layers[&quot;menu1&quot;].visibility=&quot;hidden&quot;;

}

//-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<DIV id=menu1 STYLE=&quot;position:absolute; width:30px; height:30px&quot; LANGUAGE=javascript onmouseout=&quot;return menu1_onmouseout()&quot;>hide me</DIV>

</BODY>
</HTML>

It seems that if I try to apply any action to a div tag in NS4 nothing happens - I need to get this working for a client menu, but I can't find an adequate solution anywhere!!

Thanks in advance.

After a small amount of testing, I have decided to believe that NS 4 does not accept the
Code:
onmouseout
event on DIV's. Testing a LAYER, however, worked.
bluebrain.gif
blueuniment.gif

Aahh, layers - I tried replacing the &quot;<div>&quot; tag with &quot;<layer>&quot; but nothing happened - where did I go wrong?? could you post your working layer version for me???

This has been driving my mad all day - I've spend 5 hours on it as it is!!!

Code:
<%@ Language=VBScript %> 
<HTML> 
<HEAD> 
<META NAME=&quot;GENERATOR&quot; Content=&quot;Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0&quot;> 

</HEAD> 
<BODY> 

<layer name=menu1 width=&quot;30&quot; height=&quot;30&quot; LANGUAGE=javascript onmouseout=&quot;return menu1_onmouseout()&quot;>hide me</layer> 
<SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersJS LANGUAGE=javascript> 
<!-- 

function menu1_onmouseout() 
{ 
document.layers[&quot;menu1&quot;].visibility=&quot;hidden&quot;; 

} 

//--> 
</SCRIPT> 
</BODY> 
</HTML>
bluebrain.gif
blueuniment.gif

I see!!! &quot;name&quot; as opposed to &quot;ID&quot; - thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back