Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIV Menu hidden under PDF File in IFrame! Pls Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernini

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
MT
Hi All,

I need serious help here...quite urgent i mean!! hehe who doesn;t!

Well i have a page that loads a Menu created with Div's! Underneat the menu there is an iframe and most of the times the iframe loads a pdf file. My problem is this, that when the pdf is loaded and a user tries to navigate through the menu, half of the submenus are hidden beneath the pdf file!

How can i use z-index or anyother thing so i can always show the menu item!

Any help would be greatly appriciate!

Thanks
B

I think you're out of luck here. I think the only thing you can do is use JavaScript to hide your div when your menu is visible.

Adam

Vote for Pedro

What if you had your menu in an iframe too? Would giving the menu iframe a z-index of 20 and the PDF iframe a z-index of 10 (for example) work?

Dan

The answers you get are only as good as the information you give!

Thanks Dan

I did it worked great!

Now the problem is how i can move out my mouse and hide the div! is there a way to read mouse coordinates and stuff!

Any ideas on this would be great as i can't figure out how i'll implement it!

Thanks
B

Why not use the onmouseout event to detect when the mouse has moved out of the DIV?

Alternatively, there are 3 sets of mouse coordinate properties you can use (in IE, at least - and possibly other browsers, but you'll have to experiment) - clientX (Y), offsetX (Y), and screenX (Y). Read more about them here:

(click on the "Show Available Properties" link)

Hope this helps,
Dan

The answers you get are only as good as the information you give!

Thanks once again Dan! I'll take a look at the info and get back with the solution i've made!

Thanks again
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back