Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

div component of page does not get cleared when new data is presented

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrelman

Programmer
Jul 28, 2017
US
All,
I have an HTA program that works fine on my computer. However, on another computer I am seeing strange behavior.

Background:
I have a set of data that falls into three categories, DeliveryNote, Invoice, and Acknowledgement. Each of these three categories is tied to a button. So...
There are some filters on Plant, Series, and Start/End Date. They enter the search criteria and then, if they want to look at DeliveryNotes, they press the DeliveryNote button; if they want to look at invoices, they press the invoice button.

This all works dandy. However, on second computer that I installed this HTA, the section of the page (div='rptdata') that holds the data does not get removed (or cleared) when a second button is selected. The resulting output if the user where to select Delivery notes and then select Invoices, both appear on the screen, side by side.

<td>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Deliveries" VALUE="Deliveries" id='Deliveries' onclick=GetDelInfo() width="150" style="width: 150px">
</td>
<td>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="Invoices" VALUE="Invoices" id='Invoices' onclick=GetInvInfo() width="150" style="width: 150px">
</td>

<div id='rptdata'></div>
VBScript GetDelInfo:
Sub GetDelInfo
if not isobject(oDivRptInfo) then
Set oDivRptInfo = document.createElement("rptdata")
oDivRptInfo.className = "special"
end if
if not rptdata.contains(oDivRptInfo) then
rptdata.appendChild oDivRptInfo
end if

There is a lot of code here. I have no problem putting it all in here, but my hope is to find a solution at the very top of the GetDelInfo Sub to clear the content of div "rptdata".

Same browser / version on each computer? Sounds like a CSS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back