Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Lists not appearing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffers

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
When I am sending a message and click on 'To' to bring up the select name lists, my distribution lists aren't showing up anymore in the drop down list.

We are using Outlook 2000 ... has anyone got any ideas? Sending messages out to 10+ people and having to select them name by name everytime is driving me crazy!!

Are we talking about public distribution lists on an Exchange server or a private distribution list in a personal address book.

When you click on TO: what comes up first? The GAL, Personal Address Book or Outlook Address Book?

Click TOOLS - SERVICES - ADDRESSING to see which order your address lists are being displayed.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Private distribution lists in my contacts folder. The GAL appears first with the public address list, then I select contacts from the drop down list.

Yet if you look in the contact folder you see the distribution list?

Want to also be sure that you have the DL under the one contact folder and not in any subfolder of contacts otherwise you need to add those subfolders to your Outlook Address book.

If you create a new DL in the contact folder does it show up?

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Yeah I can see them all in the contacts folder.

I only have one contact's folder with no subfolders. If i create new ones they don't appear either.

Thanks! this thread solved my problem of no contacts showing up.

A star for you, joegz!

Corie

Duffers,

Wow that is strange. Don't recall ever seeing that behavior before.

I guess what I would do first is go back to the beginning. Go to TOOLS - SERVICES and remove the Outlook Address Book.

Once removed add it back in and see if this refreshes what you see. If after you add it back in and don't see your contacts then right mouse click on CONTACTS and go to PROPERTIES. Select the Outlook Address Book tab and check the SHOW THIS FOLDER... option.

joegz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back