Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distribution list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckagain1

Technical User
May 3, 2004
US
I need to create a single contact that would include multiple email addresses. i want to be able to pick this one contact and have the email go to many recipients, but not have each recipient see the other email addresses. the email addresses are being copied from an access table, and it would be nice to be able to paste them somewhere.....

with distribution lists it seems that the email has to already exist, or you have to add them individually.....

what is the best way to handle email addresses when sending one email to multiple recipients?

thanks!

This may be totally going the wrong way, but if I understand you right, this may work.

*create table or query in Access
*highlight and copy the email address column
*paste it in the BCC field in your email

Is this kinda what your searching for?

JM

For all your virtual administrative needs visit

If you are using Outlook, you could import from Access to your Outlook Contacts folder. From there you could create the distribution list.

In Outlook, go to file, import/export. Click from Import from another program or file. Click Next. Choose Access and click next. Browse to your database and click next. Click on Contact, click next. Click map custom fields. Drag the field onto the corresponding outlook field. Click OK and Finish. This will place your Access contacts into Outlook and you can then create your distribution list.

Thanks Jeannette......I left out a detail.....our mail server only allows 50 email addresses under one email to go out, so in the past, I have done exactly what you said, but I have to do it 50 at a time.......not fun. Thanks anyways~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back