Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution List - Forwarding Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

royhouser

Programmer
May 15, 2002
US
My Boss has a few distribution list that he uses regularly. The "Office Distribution" frequently errors out when forwarding newsletters and such to the recipients. The message "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred." pops up and you have to close the messages and recreate it before you can send it. There's no one e-mail or format that consistently causes the problem. I can see no obvious reason that it would be doing this, I've even deleted and recreated the list, it's only 6 people. Any thoughts?

Another problem that comes to mind, whether it's related or not I'm not sure, is that frequently when opening his e-mail in he gets the message "Personal File was not closed correctly....must scan" but never any explanation. It's not being closed through the task manager, just by clicking the close button. Any Ideas?

royhouser
[hourglass]
More is lost by Indecision than Wrong Decisions

Any help on this?

royhouser
[hourglass]

The two problems happening on the same PC might indicate a flaky network connection? Maybe try some extended ping tests and/or replace the cable?

Is the PST file stored locally or on a server? Also, is this newsletter like a big PDF file or something? That could cause a timeout.

We're a small office so everything for the E-mail is stored locally on the workstations, since an exchange server is just not cost effective. I've tried testing the network connections and have found no problems.

As far as the newsletter goes, it's just an html formatted e-mail, it's not too big at all. He actually can't even send it, so no it doesn't time out. As soon as he clicks send he gets the error, it never even tries to send the e-mail.

Thanks

royhouser
[hourglass]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back