Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Groups - which database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
Which database are Distribution Groups stored in? Is there a way to find out per DG?

In EMC under Recipient Configuration/Mailbox you can add a column for 'Database' which shows which database each mailbox is stored but no such option exists in Recipient Configuration/Distribution Group. And the properties of a DG don't give the information either like it does for a mailbox.

Originally I had a single 750GB database which I have now split in to 14 based on groups of users. I have moved all users to the relevant database but I can't delete the original big database if the DGs are in it. I assume they're in that DB as that was the only original DB but how do move it?

On a side note, how can I ensure that there is absolutely nothing left in the original DB before deleting it?

After a bit of searching it appears DGs are linked to any particular DB. They're just a 'pointer' in AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back