Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distribution Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I created a distribution group but when someone tries to send as they get bounced back.
You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
In Mail Flow Setting - Delivery Restrictions I have Accept messages from: ALL SENDERS. Reject messages from:No Senders
Require that all senders are authenticated is Unchecked ( Tried it with it checked as well).

This is an issue with permissions on the distro group, not with settings on the distro group. You need to add people to the Send on Behalf of or SendAs permissions for that distro list. You can do it from the console.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

If you don't know PowerShell, it is time to start learning it. You will see it will make life a lot easier.

Code:
Add-ADPermission "MyDistributionGroupName" -User "Domain\User" -Extendedrights "Send As"

If you want to all all users to be able to send you can do something like this:

Code:
Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission "MyDistributionGroupName" -User $_ -Extendedrights "Send As"

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back