Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distributing the vfp resource file

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanzieV

Programmer
Apr 8, 2003
BE
Hi all,

I'm working with VFP 7 SP1 and managed to remove the print button from the print preview toolbar. This change is saved into my resource file.
Now I want to distribute this resource file to all the shops using my application (.exe). And here the problem begins ...
I tried everything: using a configuration file, putting the correct resource file in my project, putting 'set resource to MyRescourceFile' just before printing, using the '-L' parameter and so on, but nothing seems to work.
I have the impression that, no mather what I try, the exe is still using it's own resource file.
Any suggestions ??

Greetz,
Hans

Hans,
I've found it's best to explictly shut off and turn on the resource file. i.e.
Code:
SET RESOURCE OFF
SET RESOURCE TO MyResourceFile
SET RESOURCE ON

SET RESOURCE OFF
SET RESOURCE TO
SET RESOURCE ON
Rick

Hi Rick,

a little bit late, I know, but I finaly found the answer to my problem. The problem was language related. I am working with the english version of VFP7.0 on a dutch WinXP pc and the shops are using a french WinXP. The problem now is that when you open the foxuser.dbf and you search for the print preview toolbar, the text in the Name memo file for the Dutch WinXP is 'Print Preview' but for the french WinXP the text is 'Aperçu avant impression' ! As 'Aperçu avant impression' did not exist in my resource file, my application just added the line each time with the standar buttons ...
I hope I'm making sense here ...

Best Regards,
Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back