Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributing the RDC components with MS-Access App

Status
Not open for further replies.

scclem

Technical User
Jul 10, 2001
US
First, I am not a VB developer, but am fairly adept at using VBA in MS-Access databases. While developing reports using CR8.5, I was successful in creating Access databases that contained forms using the CRViewer control along with coded instructions to the craxdrt.dll to open and view CR rpt files. It was also relatively easy to install the necessary dlls on a user PC that didn't have CR installed and make the application function correctly.

A co-worker recently got involved trying to do the same, but is using CR9. Together, we are having great difficulty getting the completed mdb file to function on other PCs that do not have CR9 installed.

I have read most of the things in CRs Runtime help file and also some thread on this site that reference the new CR Merge Modules and the MSI functions.

Is there any way to take advantage of the merge files to install and register the correct files on client PCs without having InstallShield or the Visual Studio installer?

Or any other thoughts on how we might accomplish this objective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back