Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributing BO 6.5.1 reports out via BroadCast Agent - an LDAP issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHopkinson

Technical User
Mar 21, 2007
to whom..
I need to send BO Reports to our restricted shared areas via BCA but its failing everytime with InFoView: Error 109 - 'Export as Excel Failed: cannot access to directory:..<followed by UNC path>..')
Im guessing here but I think the problem lies with LDAP. Most of our other Business Applications are setup with LDAP (as is the access to shared areas themselves) but, alas Business Objects is not. Therefore even when I use the SAME user-name and password in BO as the LDAP user-name+password setup to access a particular shared area Im trying to send a report to - it fails.
So. What Im asking for here, has there anybody experienced this and if so what did you do?
I know Ive been told that all you need to access a shared area is either the BO Agents Server name /account/network name but this will not be setup as a valid LDAP account. Our LDAP admin says: The userIDs above MUST be a valid userID, and because our filestore is secured by a Domain controller, only a valid Domain userID (aka LDAP userID) can access the filestore - so you need to find some way of changing the BO agent to run as a userID/Password which are identical to a LDAP user.

I appreciate all thoughts and suggestions

Many Thanks,
Steven

No, it's not the server name. It's the ID that you are using to run the BO services.

Is your server a Windows server? Is the ID running the services a domain account or a local account?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. This ID that we're using to run the BO services - our Systems people are saying that their Servers are "Solaris, so the instructions do not apply."

If this is so, how can I find this all important network ID?

To the second query - Systems replied: "We are using "Solaris 9" and will be using a local user i presume.."

thanks again,

Steven

I'm going to make this as simple as possible.

This is NOT a BO problem. Can you copy files manually to the location noted. If not, you have to fix that problem before you do anything else.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back