Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributing an Access Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondeoman

MIS
Dec 7, 2006
GB
This may not be the right forum but here goes. I want to be able to create an access database which I can allow users who may not have MS Access on their machines or may have different versions which could prove difficult for them to use if I was not around to help them with the necessary conversion. I am not in the position to pay hundreds of pounds for Microsoft's development environment nor would I have the skill to write the whole program without using MS Access which I am reasonably familiar with now. Can anyone give me an idea of how I might be able to achieve this objective?

The Access Runtime edition is a free download that allows you to fully use the database as an end user. It does not allow design mode changes which it sounds like you'll be doing. So you need a full version of access, and all of your users use the free Access Runtime. You can get that from Microsoft at this URL.

FYI, the one feature that doesn't seem to work well in the runtime edition is sending a report directly to a PDF file. You need the full version of access for that also.

Is this what you were looking for?

Ray D'Andrade
Access Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back