Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributed VMPro 2

William C290

Technical User
Jul 25, 2024
JO
Hi ,,,

In Remote site, should we install Application server for VMPro, or just use VMPro Client ?

Thanks

If you need Centralized VM no needing to add nothing in the remote sites, viceversa if you realy need Distribuited you need an additional VM Server which syncronize itself with the other one

"If you need Centralized VM no needing to add nothing in the remote sites,"

It appears that you are telling the OP that he MUST ADD SOMETHING, but you did not tell him what he needs to add.

Let me reformulate: "... in the centralized VM scenario just one server is requested, no additional parts are requested on remote sites"... sound better?
VM Client is just requested to administrate the server, wherever it is.

"If you need Centralized VM no needing to add nothing in the remote sites,"

It appears that you are telling the OP that he MUST ADD SOMETHING, but you did not tell him what he needs to add.
People who want to be pointlessly pedantic without adding any value, such as an actual answer, should always check their own signature, least we think them sloppy thinkers in addition to pointlessly pedantic.

There is a big difference between Centralized and Distributed VM Pro Servers. See attached document, Chapter 48 on Page356 for details on how the various scenarios work.

Attachments

• Administering Voicemail Pro_en-us.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
All has been already written in my first reply, surely my english is not pefect but, as sizbut underlined, with a little of flexibility I think the sense was clear.

The title says "Distributed VM Pro". In which case additional equipment is indeed required.

Centralized or Distributed VM Pro is quite complicated when you go into all the possible configurations it can have. The OP might be better off getting an BP involved. If they are asking such basic questions about a complex subject, it is clear they may be out of their depth.

First of all it all depends on what solution you want to install.

If it is a server edition solution it only supports fallback VMPro on primary and secondary server.

If a SCN of IP 500 control units only you can distribute multiple VMPro servers. Two servers can be built to have redundancy. It is centralized VMPro and doesn’t further licensing.
If you have the need to keep calls locality not send them to a central server, you can build a distributed VMPro solution with several servers spread over sites. It is much more work to install and it needs a preferred edition license for each site where you apply a VMPro server.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back