Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distributed Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sclerox

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
IT
I should install Bo on several machines, but those machines have have a real messy libraries situation, and, unfortunately, I could not "touch" (format & reinstall) them. What I thought is to install all the libraries on a lan server, realizing a sort of thin client, fat server environment. Is it possible ?
Could you help me anyhow ?

The type of solution you are looking for is via Citrix.

You could also look at the BO Shared installation. However, keep in mind that Shared installs are going away in V6.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Thanx Steve.
I heard something about Citrix, but I don't know about this solution as well as about "BO Shared istallation". Would you mind giving me information about both subjects? It would be really helpful for me!!
Bye

Fulvio

I'll defer to for the Citrix stuff. But, it is a solution that lets you run all your applications from a shared server instead of from each desktop. Each desktop has a client that acts like a terminal into the server.

Chapter 4 of the BO Installation Guide discusses Master (Shared) installations of the BO Client. This PDF is on your BO CDs (CD2) in the Online Guides directory.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back