Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distorted Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokie1

Instructor
Jan 22, 2009
US
Have a soundblater live 5.1 platinum sound card (yeah, I know it's old!) Updated the driver, but the sound is very distorted - like an overdriven guitar. Any thoughts on this one?

Other than these two problems everything is fine, and it appears to be faster than XP.

Smokie

Have you tried going directly to Creative's website and downloading a Vista compatible driver from there?

I have a Soundblaster card too, also quite old, and It was having the same distortion problems, however Windows did update the driver by itself.

It still a good idea to go and find one directly from the Manufacturer.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Windows tried to install the apprpriate software from the windows update site, but installation failed. I went thru the downloaded install file and found out it is creative update6.0.1.1241. It will not install because it is for Vista only. Even if you tell it to install in compatibility mode it will not install. I think I will try rolling back the driver to an earlier one.

Any thoughts are welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back