Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Distorted dial tone and voice quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCuervo

Technical User
May 20, 2002
MX
Hi everybody. We have an AVAYA AURA Release 6.0 and after an electrical failure, we have this problem. When a user hang up the dial tone sounds distorted. If you dial your number, intercom or through the Central Office, the quality of the audio is the same, I mean, distorted. But it happens 90% of the times. Suddendly, you hang up and it works properly. After you hang on, and hang up again, the distorted dial tone and voice is there again. What do you think it could happen to the system? We have IP Phones 1608, 9621 and 9641. Thanks in advance!

I would reboot the system 1st and see if this resolves the issue.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Thanks smokinjoe2938! The system has three options for "reset system": System recovery level ´1´(WARM), ´2´(COLDII), ´4´(REBOOT). I've tried all of them but the problem persists. It's kind of a random issue. A user may hang up and the dial tone is OK, even the voice quality once the call is answered. But after 2 successful attempts, the 3rd may fail. Or maybe after 3 failed attempts, a 4th is successful. I have discarded the QoS over the LAN because the noise is present at hangin' up, the dial tone sounds distorted, and even when you're capable of dialing and the call is completed, the distortion remains.

What could it be?

Thanks in advance

What kind of alarms and errors are in the CM and if you have media-gateways. I was thinking of VoIP resources specifically. If you have media-gateways you can login and type "show faults".
Hudson22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back